Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: Rush by Eve Silver

Rush (The Game, #1)Release Date: 6/11/2013   
Genre: YA Sci-Fi
Received From Publisher For Review
Goodreads Link: "Here"  
Summary:
So what’s the game now? This, or the life I used to know?

When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn.

My Thoughts: 

 The only word I can think of to describe Rush with is wow. Wow for everything this book is. Wow for an amazing storyline and great explanation behind "the game". Wow for great characters, like kick ass Miki Jones and lovable bad boy Jackson Tate. And also wow for hair that smells like strawberries. Wow is just three little letter word that can mean a lot of things like; wondrous original well-done, willful obnoxious (that one is just for Jackson) well-written, worn-out over-done well-known.

 I love the storyline of this book! It has a very well developed storyline, and the sci-fi elements in this book are slowly but surely excellently explained. The ending is extremely frustrating, because there is a cliffhanger. The action in this book is heart-racing. Most of the action scenes I felt like I was there in the "the game" too, and I really liked that it made reading this book even more fun. This is a book I want to read over and over again, because it is such a well-developed storyline, it fast paced, action packed, and the sci-fi elements are well explained (even though you do have to wait awhile for it). Plus there are incredible characters to back up this astounding storyline.

 I loved all of the characters.  I loved Miki so much, she is so fun to read from and about. She is a kick ass heroine with a highly relatable, lovable, and realistic side. She is so strong and powerful, in "the game" and in her day to day life.  I can't wait to read more about Miki in the next book. I also really loved Jackson, he is extremely obnoxious but extremely likeable at the same time. He is one of those bad boys that you love to hate and hate to love. But he is also so much more that, he is complicated to explain. I also loved all of the background characters.

 For as original as I thought the storyline and the characters are this book does have some things that I feel like I have read a million times before. Having a bad boys in book is so over-done to me, but it is not to frustrating because even though it's done a lot it's done differently every time. Also Jackson is so much more than just a bad boy. There is also a cliffhanger, much like with the bad boy thing it is frustrating but not to frustrating. The most frustrating thing in this book is that: during a scene Jackson tells Miki that she smells like strawberries and Miki says it's her shampoo. I just feel like I read of girls using strawberry shampoo a million times, and for as unique Miki is I would think that she would use something more original. But really, strawberries!?!?  Why do girls always smell like strawberries in books, why not every once in a while some of them smell like green apples, or even waterfalls!?!?

 I loved Rush! I loved the excellent storyline. I adored all of the characters. There are some over-done things that did frustrate me slightly, but I still overall loved Rush. I highly recommend this great action packed sci-fi novel.

My Rating:
5 hearts, I loved it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and appreciate comments!